Authorities identified Ahmad Rahami as a suspect in bombings that rocked New York and New Jersey, while the Islamic State claimed responsibility for a mass stabbing in Minnesota. A transformer also exploded made a big booming sound mistaken for an explosion in Virginia. The media and partisans reacted to reactions by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
- Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson is trying to get into the second presidential debate.
- For the second night in a row, police in Philadelphia were shot at, this time after chasing a suspected marijuana user.
- Vladimir Putin's party won big in parliamentary elections in Russia.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7's may be blowing up in China too.
- The HBO show Game of Thrones was among those that won Emmys last night.
It took a jury 26 minutes to decide that Jonathan Vanderhagen wasn't guilty.
A court ruled that officers did not have enough information to know whether or not stealing violates the Constitution.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.
Appeals Court Rejects Qualified Immunity Claim by Dallas Transit Cop Who Arrested a Photographer for Taking Pictures
Officer Stephanie Branch arrested Avi Adelman for criminal trespass even though he was not doing anything illegal.