Colin Powell Contradicts Clinton on Emails, Chelsea Manning Approved for Sex-Reassignment Surgery, Hillary Explains Pepe the Frog: A.M. Links
In leaked emails from 2015, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he never told Hillary Clinton "to have a private server at home" and that "HRC and her mishandling of this has really given her a major problem I do not wish to get involved in, despite the best efforts of her team to drag me in." In a leaked email from earlier this summer, Powell called Donald Trump "a national disgrace," among other not-so-nice things.
- The U.S. military has recommended that imprisoned whistleblower Chelsea Manning be approved for sex-reassignment surgery.
- California legislation that would mandate prison time for anyone convicted of rape is getting some surprising opposition.
- A Tuesday night Trump rally in North Carolina took a violent turn, with one 69-year-old protester with an oxygen tank getting punched in the face and rushed to the hospital.
- The U.S. will begin letting in about 30 percent more refugees in 2017.
- "Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists": a Hillary Clinton explainer.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.