In leaked emails from 2015, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he never told Hillary Clinton "to have a private server at home" and that "HRC and her mishandling of this has really given her a major problem I do not wish to get involved in, despite the best efforts of her team to drag me in." In a leaked email from earlier this summer, Powell called Donald Trump "a national disgrace," among other not-so-nice things.
- The U.S. military has recommended that imprisoned whistleblower Chelsea Manning be approved for sex-reassignment surgery.
- California legislation that would mandate prison time for anyone convicted of rape is getting some surprising opposition.
- A Tuesday night Trump rally in North Carolina took a violent turn, with one 69-year-old protester with an oxygen tank getting punched in the face and rushed to the hospital.
- The U.S. will begin letting in about 30 percent more refugees in 2017.
- "Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists": a Hillary Clinton explainer.
The mainstream media are channeling Dr. Zaius, the elitist orangutan from Planet of the Apes, who hid dark secrets out of misguided paternalism.
The New York Times Wonders Aloud If Tulsi Gabbard's Anti-War, Anti-Establishment Message Makes Her a Stooge for Nazis and Russian Bots
The article ignores Gabbard's arguments for a less interventionist foreign policy, preferring to speculate about foreigners and fascists.
Trust in the media is at historic lows.
Tulsi Gabbard Called Out Mainstream Media, Both Parties, Democratic Candidates for Supporting Disastrous Regime Change in the Middle East
"As president I will end these regime change wars."
James called Trump a "bum," but he won't utter a single bad word about China's authoritarianism.