In leaked emails from 2015, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he never told Hillary Clinton "to have a private server at home" and that "HRC and her mishandling of this has really given her a major problem I do not wish to get involved in, despite the best efforts of her team to drag me in." In a leaked email from earlier this summer, Powell called Donald Trump "a national disgrace," among other not-so-nice things.
- The U.S. military has recommended that imprisoned whistleblower Chelsea Manning be approved for sex-reassignment surgery.
- California legislation that would mandate prison time for anyone convicted of rape is getting some surprising opposition.
- A Tuesday night Trump rally in North Carolina took a violent turn, with one 69-year-old protester with an oxygen tank getting punched in the face and rushed to the hospital.
- The U.S. will begin letting in about 30 percent more refugees in 2017.
- "Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists": a Hillary Clinton explainer.
That rate is much lower than the numbers used in the horrifying projections that shaped the government response to the epidemic.
The Clemson psychology lecturer and 1996 Libertarian vice presidential candidate got 51 percent on the fourth ballot.
Prosecutors Back Dismissal of 91 More Cases Involving the Houston Cop Who Lied to Justify a Deadly Drug Raid
The announcement brings the total number of suspect cases initiated by Gerald Goines to 164 over 11 years.
The ruling says the state's top health official exceeded her statutory authority by ordering "nonessential" businesses to close.
Will they keep it in mind even if Joe Biden becomes president?