New poll: Donald Trump 45 percent, Hillary Clinton 43 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent.
- Gary Johnson, "who will be on the ballot in all 50 states, has the backing of 10 percent of registered voters," according to another new poll.
- Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly has died at age 92.
- Congress returns to work today.
- "Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte expressed regret Tuesday over his 'son of a bitch' remark while referring to President Barack Obama, in a rare display of contrition by a politician whose wide arc of profanities has unabashedly targeted world figures including the pope and the U.N. chief."
- U.S. intelligence services are reportedly investigating a covert Russian plot to disrupt the U.S. elections in November.
"She's a favorite of the Russians and they have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far."
The company says it will sell only tobacco, mint, and menthol pods unless and until the FDA officially approves other varieties.
Chicago Teachers Go on Strike to Demand Higher Pay, Smaller Class Sizes, New Schools, More Staff, and Affordable Housing
More than 300,000 students in Chicago were out of school on Friday as the teachers strike continued.