New poll: Donald Trump 45 percent, Hillary Clinton 43 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent.
- Gary Johnson, "who will be on the ballot in all 50 states, has the backing of 10 percent of registered voters," according to another new poll.
- Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly has died at age 92.
- Congress returns to work today.
- "Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte expressed regret Tuesday over his 'son of a bitch' remark while referring to President Barack Obama, in a rare display of contrition by a politician whose wide arc of profanities has unabashedly targeted world figures including the pope and the U.N. chief."
- U.S. intelligence services are reportedly investigating a covert Russian plot to disrupt the U.S. elections in November.
Police violence is a metaphorical disease. Coronavirus is a literal disease.
Two Buffalo police officers have been suspended and the man is in the hospital.
Elite media institutions are noisily abandoning liberalism.