Vox.com explains Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's press conference problem (she doesn't hold any). Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's campaign manager says there may be a lot of undercover Trump voters not reflected in traditional polls. Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson qualifies for the Ohio ballot.
- The U.S. and Turkey launched a joint anti-ISIS offensive in northern Syria.
- An earthquake in Italy has left at least 120 people dead.
- At least one person was killed and more than a dozen injured after a "complex" attack on the American University of Afghanistan in Kabul.
- A British backpacker was stabbed to death in Australia by a French man reportedly yelling "Allahu akhbar."
- An Earth-like planet has been detected oribiting Proxima Centauri, the closest star to the Sun.
- China sets its sights on Mars.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.