French police forced a Muslim woman wearing a "burkini" on a public beach to partially strip and issued her a citation for the illegal garment, which apparently violated "good morals and secularism."
- Black Republicans suggest Donald Trump conduct his African-American-outreach tour among actual black voters.
- Cook County, Illinois, is arguing that rap, rock, country, and electronic music do not constitute "culture" and should therefore be subject to the county's three percent tax on "amusements."
- A 10-year-old child was chased and cornered by armed cops who said they mistook him for a 20-year-old robbery suspect.
- The Donald Trump campaign spent $55,055 on retail-price copies of the candidate's own book, which could violate Federal Election Committee rules.
- The sharing economy has proved a huge boon for tourism in small towns like Joshua Tree, California, prompting city officials to complain about too many people.
- "With few exceptions, 'the best' people do not go into government."
- Rafts and tubes carrying some 1,500 drunk Americans accidentally drifted into Canadian territory this week, and nobody really cared.