Reportedly Hillary Clinton will declare tonight in her acceptance speech that November's vote will be a "moment of reckoning." One imagines she's not referring to a situation where voters are faced with two major party candidates that they absolutely loathe.
- Now that Wikileaks has ripped the bandage off, we're getting more inside details about what a disaster the operations of the Democratic National Committee have been.
- Your latest moment of unnecessary outrage (among many I'm sure): A North Carolina GOP Twitter account mistakenly thought vice president candidate Tim Kaine was wearing a Honduran flag pin at his speech at last night's Democratic convention. It was actually a flag pin recognizing his son's service in the military.
- Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will start getting classified intel briefings as early as next week.
- Florida is investigating two additional Zika cases where it appears the disease may have been transmitted by local mosquitoes.
- Vice President Joe Biden and Attorney General Loretta Lynch are scheduled to speak at a memorial for three slain Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police officers.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel says that she won't back down on the country's policy of accepting refugees in spite of the latest wave of attacks.
- Florida police (and roadside drug tests) confused the flakes of a man's Krispy Kreme donut glaze with meth. Though, if you told me donut glaze usually had meth in it, I'd probably be inclined to believe you.