Reportedly Hillary Clinton will declare tonight in her acceptance speech that November's vote will be a "moment of reckoning." One imagines she's not referring to a situation where voters are faced with two major party candidates that they absolutely loathe.
- Now that Wikileaks has ripped the bandage off, we're getting more inside details about what a disaster the operations of the Democratic National Committee have been.
- Your latest moment of unnecessary outrage (among many I'm sure): A North Carolina GOP Twitter account mistakenly thought vice president candidate Tim Kaine was wearing a Honduran flag pin at his speech at last night's Democratic convention. It was actually a flag pin recognizing his son's service in the military.
- Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will start getting classified intel briefings as early as next week.
- Florida is investigating two additional Zika cases where it appears the disease may have been transmitted by local mosquitoes.
- Vice President Joe Biden and Attorney General Loretta Lynch are scheduled to speak at a memorial for three slain Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police officers.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel says that she won't back down on the country's policy of accepting refugees in spite of the latest wave of attacks.
- Florida police (and roadside drug tests) confused the flakes of a man's Krispy Kreme donut glaze with meth. Though, if you told me donut glaze usually had meth in it, I'd probably be inclined to believe you.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.