Michael Bloomberg is set to endorse presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at the Democratic National Convention, which begins today. President Obama's half-brother, Malik, say he's voting for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Glenn Beck says he's probably going to vote for Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson.
- In the wake of a massive DNC e-mail leak, Debbie Wasserman Schultz announced she would resign after the convention.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing in Kabul that killed more than 80 people, while at least 21 people were killed in a suicide bombing in Baghdad. In Germany, a Syrian suicide bomber near Nuremberg killed at least one person and injured about a dozen more at a music festival, while earlier in the day a Syrian refugee hacked a pregnant woman to death and injured two others in Reutlingen. The prime minister of France said the country needed a "deep change" in its "security culture" after last week's truck attack in Nice that killed more than 70 people.
- Syrian government airstrikes reportedly hit multiple medical facilities in Aleppo.
- A Democratic state representative in Massachusetts wants hate crimes protections extended to cops.
- Former number one overall draft pick Ken Griffey was inducted into Cooperstown along with Mike Piazza, the lowest draft pick ever to join the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Rules designed to keep alcohol safe for children are slowing down production of a product that’s in short supply.
“The federal government forgot the Tenth Amendment and the structure of the Constitution itself.”
Offbeat options for waiting out the apocalypse.
The store owner thought his employee acted in reasonable defense of property and self. The police disagreed.
A new study in Lancet Infectious Diseases makes a somewhat lower estimate