Theresa May, U.K. Conservative Party leader, is set to succeed David Cameron as British prime minister. She says she's committed to seeing the Brexit through, though she voted to remain. May is also a major proponent of expanding the surveillance state in her country.
- Dallas Police killer Micah Johnson taunted police and threatened more deaths when they had him holed up in a garage trying (and failing) to get him to surrender. He also apparently scrawled the letters "RB" on the wall with his own blood.
- Democrat and retired Indiana Senator Evan Bayh is reportedly going to run for office again.
- Oh, hey, we're sending more troops to Iraq.
- The Pokemon Go mobile game is a massive world-wide success. Within the "augmented reality" game, gathering locations like real-world churches are drafted to serve as "pokemon gyms" where players show up and fight. That included the infamously hostile-to-disbelievers-especially-the-gays Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas, which has responded accordingly.
- The House will consider legislation that would override efforts in some states to force food manufacturers to label products with GMO ingredients. The bill has already passed the Senate.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
A new survey of students' free speech attitudes has both encouraging and worrying findings.
Rules range from absurd to appalling without respect for civil liberties or basic logic.