Donald Trump said Bernie Sanders had lost the "FBI primary" to Hillary Clinton, who the FBI decided not to indict over her misuse of a personal e-mail server. Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson has said he believed there was not "criminal intent" on Clinton's part.
- Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker says he's taken himself out of consideration to be Trump's running mate. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, a former presidential hopeful, is apparently negotiating a speaking slot at the Republican National Convention. Trump is expected to announce a list of speakers tomorrow.
- President Obama will keep at least 8,400 U.S. troops in Afghanistan through the end of his term in 2017.
- A multi-year probe into the role of the United Kingdom in the Iraq war ended with a report that found the war was not justified.
- Whistleblower Chelsea Manning was hospitalized after reportedly trying to kill herself.
- A Spanish court handed Leonel Messi a suspended sentence of 21 months and fined him 2 million euros for lowering his tax burden through the use of corporate structures, saying he had not proven that he was unaware of the methods used by his father.
- Some sex workers in Rio de Janeiro are reportedly cutting prices ahead of the Summer Olympics after business fell during the 2014 World Cup which was also hosted in Brazil.
- McDonald's will start offering the McGriddle as part of its all-day breakfast menu starting next month.