The Department of Defense officially announced today it was ending its blanket ban on transgender people serving openly in the military.
- Iowa's Supreme Court ruled that ex-offenders convicted of felonies in that state can be permanently stripped of their right to vote.
- Fears of an active shooter situation at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland turned out to be somebody being fooled by an active shooter drill.
- Japan's Supreme Court has upheld the mass surveillance of Muslims living in the country.
- A federal judge has blocked a law in Indiana that forbid women from seeking abortions on the basis of a fetus's genetic abnormalities.
- Republicans may allow a House vote on a bill to try to keep suspected terrorists from buying guns, but it will likely offer much more due process than what Democrats want.