About 50 people were killed by a gunman who opened fire in a gay nightclub in Orlando for which ISIS took responsibility. President Obama delivered remark about the massacre, saying it was a "reminder" of how easy it is for Americans to purchase weapons. Donald Trump tweeted that he didn't want congratulations for "being right about radical Islam" but "toughness" and "vigilance," and called on Obama to resign.
- The United States will likely not make a decision on U.S. troops in Afghanistan before the NATO summit in Warsaw.
- The Iraqi army says it has secured a safe passage for residents of Falluja to flee through.
- European Council President Donald Tusk said that if Britain votes to leave the European Union it could spell the end of th EU and Western political civilization.
- The musical Hamilton fell one Tony win short of the record of 12.
- Pittsburgh won its second Stanley Cup, defeating San Jose.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
Advocating for gun control is no longer enough. On Thursday night, the Democratic presidential candidates promised gun confiscation.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.