Voters head to the polls today in California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- Hillary Clinton has effectively cinched the Democratic presidential nomination with 2,384 delegates. A spokesman for Bernie Sanders says it's still too soon to crown Clinton the Democratic nominee because her vote total includes superdelegates.
- Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson expects a boost in the polls once Bernie Sanders drops out.
- "An embattled Donald Trump urgently rallied his most visible supporters to defend his attacks on a federal judge's Mexican ancestry during a conference call on Monday in which he ordered them to question the judge's credibility and impugn reporters as racists."
- With the Democratic National Convention coming to the city in less than two months, "Philadelphia wants to avoid a repeat of 2000 when it arrested more than 400 protesters at the Republican National Convention, only to see most cases end in acquittals."
- A car bomb attack in central Istanbul has killed at least 11 and injured dozens more.