Hillary Clinton just tweeted this Venn Diagram* about gun control:
Let's get this done.
The vast majority of Americans pic.twitter.com/23ND36tFFm
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) May 20, 2016
Possible interpretations of what we are looking at here:
1) 90 percent of Americans and 83 percent of gun owners do not support universal background checks.
2) Some unspecified subset of 90 percent of Americans and 83 percent of gun owners support universal background checks, but we are not allowed to know what that figure is.
3) Most gun owners aren't American?
4) The Hillary Clinton campaign is in such terrible financial shape, it can no longer afford (a) logic or (b) designers.
5) Yeah, OK, so she's trying to say that 90 percent of Americans and 83 percent of gun owners support universal background checks. Probably.
6) You should just read Reason's Jacob Sullum on this topic instead.
7) Wait, Hillary is now tweeting in the voice of "the vast majority of Americans"? That seems presumptuous.
— Michael Deppisch (@deppisch) May 20, 2016
* Technically speaking maybe this was supposed to be a Euler Diagram? Who can even tell?