President Obama criticized Donald Trump in his commencement speech at Rutgers, although not by name. He said ignorance was "not a virtue." Trump called a long piece by The New York Times on his personal history with women a "lame hit piece."
- The Democratic convention in Nevada had to be cut short due to security concerns after participants started throwing chairs* and other objects. Actor Wendell Pierce, a Hillary Clinton supporter, was reportedly arrested after getting into a fight with a Bernie Sanders supporter in Atlanta.
- The planning commission in Los Angeles is considering demanding more information from Airbnb that the city could use to crack down on users of the service.
- China pushed back against a Pentagon report on its military buildup, saying it had "severely damaged" the relationship between the two countries.
- ISIS claimed responsibility for an attack on a gas plant in Baghdad.
- A woman in Florida was taken to the hospital with a two-foot shark still attached to her arm.
*Snopes.com declares the claim that Sanders supporters threw chairs false.