- The Blockchain Technologies Corp. wants to bring Bitcoin-derived blockchain technology to the voting booth; it was recently tested by the Libertarian Party of New York.
- There are now 18 times as many Americans renouncing their citizenship as in 2008, with a record 1,158 people expatriating themselves in the first three months of 2016.
- Votes are still being counted, but it looks like the U.K. Labour party's Sadiq Khan is set to become the first Muslim mayor of London, and of any major Western capital.
- An Alabama bill passed by both houses yesterday would regulate abortion clinics like sex offenders, barring them from operating within 2,000 feet of an elementary school or junior high.
- Joking on Facebook about bomb threats is not protected speech, judge rules.
- An anti-abortion group in Indiana is encouraging parents to deposit unwanted newborns in one of two new, anonymous baby boxes.
- A large new study contradicts previous research showing that being slightly overweight may help people live longer.
- A major prison-reform package in Alabama has failed.
- Affirmative consent comes to Connecticut.