The federal government will forgive some $7.7 billion in student loan debt held by permanently disabled Americans.
- Meet your future First Family.
- Another teenager has been fatally shot by Chicago police. The cops say 16-year-old Pierre L. Loury had an "armed confrontation" with an officer, but Loury's mom says the boy did not have a gun.
- California is considering removing the statute of limitations for prosecuting sex crimes.
- In China's first court case involving same-sex marriage, a judge ruled against a gay couple who were seeking the right to marry.
- North Dakota will pay $245,000 to the state's lone abortion clinic after attempting to enact an unconstitutional ban on abortion after six weeks.