- It was a remarkably subdued GOP debate in Miami Thursday night, as Donald Trump played at gravitas and called for unity and the other remaining Republican candidates mostly followed his lead. While there were no outbursts about hands or Marco Rubio's stature, the candidates did (for better or worse) discuss veteran's health care, trade deals, Social Security, and other substantive topics.
- After 25 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit, a judge vacated Andre Hatchett's conviction, at the joint request of Hatchett's lawyers and city prosecutors. He is the 19th person to have been exonerated in Brooklyn since a new district attorney took over in 2014.
- President Obama will give the keynote speech at Austin's SXSW festival this afternoon.
- The Trump fan who sucker-punched a protester at a North Carolina campaign rally has been charged with assault.
- Camille Paglia is coming around about Trump.
Thank you for supporting us during our webathon!
Reason is supported by: