In perhaps an unexpected consequence of Justice Antonin Scalia's passing, Justice Clarence Thomas shocked observers by actually asking questions during an oral argument today. He is famously quiet and has not asked a question during oral hearings in 10 years.
- The Supreme Court declined to get involved in the fight between New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the state's public unions over the governor's decision to skip a massive payment into the state's pension funds.
- Going into Super Tuesday tomorrow, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are dominating the polls for their parties.
- A Navy SEAL who helped rescue an American hostage in Afghanistan received a Medal of Honor today at a White House ceremony.
- The mayor of Philadelphia wants a tax on sugary drinks to help pay for universal pre-kindergarten and for a green jobs plan.
- Company SodaStream has had to lay off a ton of Palestinian workers, its chief executive officer says, because it has been the target of an international boycott against businesses with ties to Israel.
- Japan has indicted three power company executives for negligence for their roles in the Fukushima nuclear power plant meltdown in 2011.
- A nanny in Moscow was arrested after apparently waving around the head of a 4-year-old girl near a subway entrance and yelling that she's a terrorist.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.