The last of the occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon surrendered peacefully to authorities this morning.
- The mayor of Cleveland apologized to the family of Tamir Rice, the teen killed by a police officer in a public park, for the $500 bill sent to them for Rice's "emergency services." City officials say the claim has been withdrawn.
- The Congressional Black Caucus is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president over Bernie Sanders.
- The Clinton Foundation received a subpoena from investigators with the State Department for documents about projects by the foundation that might have required federal approval while Hillary Clinton was still secretary.
- Congress voted Thursday to permanently bar state and local governments from taxing Internet access. President Barack Obama is expected to sign the bill into law.
- "Whole Foods May Put Tattoo Parlors Inside New Millennial-Focused Stores." Will the inks be locally sourced?
Republicans and right-leaning independents have turned rapidly against higher ed.
The Democratic presidential contender suggests that "racist threats or anti-immigrant manifestos" could justify federal gun confiscation orders.
Plus: dangerous publishers, a history of slavery, and more...