The lack of Donald Trump at last night's Republican presidential debate was palpable, with substantive discussion taking place on issues from ethanol to criminal justice reform and a strong showing from both Jeb Bush and Sen. Rand Paul (who claimed last night that the "liberty vote" would "stay in the family" this year).
- Cable news, meanwhile, was underwhelmed by Trump's rival event.
- New Jersey Chris Christie's anti-abortion fervor "is relatively new to his repertoire."
- The FBI released video of the confrontation between law enforcement and those occupying an Oregon wildlife refuge that left one activist dead.
- Central American teens rescued from forced labor in Ohio were released by the Obama administration into the custody of more labor traffickers.
- Obama is taking aim at the gender pay gap again.
- A California bill would make all public, single-stall restrooms gender neutral.
- Tweeted by The Guardian U.S. today: "Tony the Tiger begs furries to stop tweeting him porn."