The lack of Donald Trump at last night's Republican presidential debate was palpable, with substantive discussion taking place on issues from ethanol to criminal justice reform and a strong showing from both Jeb Bush and Sen. Rand Paul (who claimed last night that the "liberty vote" would "stay in the family" this year).
- Cable news, meanwhile, was underwhelmed by Trump's rival event.
- New Jersey Chris Christie's anti-abortion fervor "is relatively new to his repertoire."
- The FBI released video of the confrontation between law enforcement and those occupying an Oregon wildlife refuge that left one activist dead.
- Central American teens rescued from forced labor in Ohio were released by the Obama administration into the custody of more labor traffickers.
- Obama is taking aim at the gender pay gap again.
- A California bill would make all public, single-stall restrooms gender neutral.
- Tweeted by The Guardian U.S. today: "Tony the Tiger begs furries to stop tweeting him porn."
“The federal government forgot the Tenth Amendment and the structure of the Constitution itself.”
"You cannot just decide you want to sell groceries," said Barbara Ferrer, the director of L.A. County Public Health.
Markets are trying to meet spiking demand for face masks, but importers are stymied by the FDA and CDC
So far, it's been silence from The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, and others.
Don't the authorities have better things to do with their time right now?