Ten prisoners have been transferred out of Guantanamo Bay. The number of prisoners being detained there has dropped for the first time since it opened to below 100.
- The narcissistic, self-absorbed Oscars remain narcissistic, self-absorbed. This is "problematic" because diversity.
- A woman who lost her husband in a terrorist attack in Jordan is suing Twitter for "allowing" terrorist groups like ISIS to spread their messages on social media.
- An effort to impeach Republican Maine Gov. Paul LePage has failed to get enough support to go forward to an investigation phase.
- A federal judge has ordered the release of video footage showing the fatal police shooting of a 17-year-old unarmed black teen in Chicago.
- A hurricane … in January? It's happening.
The Washington Post Tried To Memory-Hole Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water
At a time when legacy publications are increasingly seen as playing for one political "team" or the other, this type of editorial decision will not do anything to fix that perception.
Partisans who abandon constitutional principles because they prove inconvenient are in for a rude surprise when the other team wins.
Even as the district struggles to vaccinate seniors, it will soon allow half the city to get in line.
The president could form a sizable splinter party if he's serious, but GOP defectors would have major ballot-access issues. Might they take over a smaller party instead?
Theresa Mathis was in the middle of a 25-year mandatory minimum sentence when she sent Reason a letter asking for help.