Donald Trump called Bill Clinton "one of the great abusers of the world."
- Jeb Bush is canceling ad buys in South Carolina as well as Iowa, and redeploying staff to those and other early states instead.
- A friend of the San Bernardino shooters, Enrique Marquez, has been indicted on charges of allegedly conspiring terrorist attacks with the couple in 2011 and 2012.
- The mayor of Brussels has canceled the city's New Year's Eve celebrations amid fear of a terrorist attack. Other cities across the West are taking extra security precautions.
- Residents of Taiwan prepare for elections as China worries about a presidential candidate with a more skeptical view of Beijing winning.
- A class action lawsuit filed in New York seeks $5 million from Apple for foisting iOS 9 on users of the iPhone 4s.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: A Man's Home By Charles Oliver
- Political Predictions for 2016 Take Judge Andrew Napolitano's quiz about the year ahead. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- The Season of Peace Requires Action, Not Songs Singing about peace and goodwill while cheering America's warrior state is a repulsive spectacle. By Sheldon Richman
- Movie Reviews: The Big Short and Joy Capitalism and its discontents. By Kurt Loder