A spring-like storm in the Southeast killed at least seven people and spawned more than a dozen tornadoes.
- President Obama said this Christmas he and his wife were praying for Christians being persecuted in the Middle East.
- The Department of Homeland Security is preparing to execute raids and mass deportations next year.
- The U.S. embassy in China warned Americans living in Beijing of a possible Christmas-time terrorist attack.
- ISIS is looking for recruits in Somalia.
- A fire in a hospital in Saudi Arabia killed at least 30 and injured more than a hundred.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Not a Creature Was Stirring …
By Charles Oliver
- The Government Wasted Money on 'Shrimp Fight Club' and a Million Other Things
Waste, fraud, abuse, and monkeys on hamster wheels.
By Veronique de Rugy
- Movie Review: The Hateful Eight
Quentin Tarantino's long, slow Western is a surprising misfire.
By Kurt Loder
- Feds Still Owe the $30 Billion Woodrow Wilson Borrowed for WWI
Who could run a household or a business the way the feds have run the government in the past 100 years?
By Andrew Napolitano