Donald Trump dismissed Hillary Clinton's claim his comments about Muslims were a recruiting tool for ISIS, saying the former secretary of state "lies like crazy."
- Schools in Nashua, New Hampshire, are closed today after a threat of violence was emailed to a principal.
- One person was killed after a driver in Las Vegas ran over more than thirty pedestrians on the strip.
- More than 90 people are missing after a massive landslide in Shenzhen, China buried dozens of buildings.
- Dozens of people remain missing after a ferry capsized in Indonesia; three people were found dead and 39 of 118 passengers have been rescued.
- An Air France flight from Mauritius to Paris made an emergency landing after a suspicious device was found. The CEO says it was a false alarm.
- Steve Harvey mistakenly announced Miss Colombia as the winner of the Miss Univers pageant, not Miss Philippines.
- Sepp Blatter blames the United States for his eight-year ban from FIFA.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Judgement Call By Charles Oliver
- Want My Blood? Get a Warrant. Drivers should not be punished for balking at warrantless alcohol testing. By Jacob Sullum
- Closing Schools Over Terrorist Threats Creates New Problems Stop the fear: Children are more likely to die in a car crash. By Steve Chapman
- America's Asymmetrical War on Terror The U.S. government and its accomplices are waging actual war. In contrast, terrorists commit crimes. By Sheldon Richman
- Is America's Military Interventionism an Extension of Its Gun Culture? Tyler Cowen makes a fascinating but wanting argument. By Shikha Dalmia
- California Has Plenty of Water—And Too Much Politics California's politicians and regulators are making the drought worse. By Steven Greenhut
- Making the Case for Food Freedom and Free Speech A series of important food lawsuits are fighting unconstitutional restrictions on free speech. By Baylen Linnekin
- The Best and Worst Cities for School Choice What's the best city in America for school choice? By Amelia Hamilton
- Good Stuff Comes from the Bottom Up How culture, economies, technology, and government evolve. By Ronald Bailey
- Harlem's Drug Warriors Was the drug war imposed on black America, or did black America demand it? By Sara Mayeux