President Obama will give a year-end address Friday afternoon from the White House. After that, he departs for San Bernardino to meet with families of the victims, and then on to Hawaii for his vacation.
- Police will charge a former friend and neighbor of the San Bernardino terrorists with aiding them. The friend, Enrique Marquez, purchased guns for them and had knowledge of other attacks they had planned but not carried out.
- A Virginia county has canceled school because parents are mad about a homework assignment with some Islamic writing on it.
- A Georgia prosecutor is trying to make it illegal for people to buy guns while they are going through divorce.
- Bernie Sanders is running a sluggish campaign.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens is finally here.
New at Reason.com:
By Charles Oliver
The term is becoming meaningless.
By David Harsanyi
Back at last from far, far away.
By Kurt Loder