- $1.75 Price of a poster for the then-upcoming Star Wars at one of the first Comic-Cons in 1976
- $3 Cost of a ticket at San Francisco's Coronet Theatre on opening weekend in 1977
- $7,500 A single day of voice work by James Earl Jones
- $15,000 Amount Fox docked from George Lucas' pay due to overruns during filming
- $255,000 Box office revenue on the first day of A New Hope's release in 32 theaters
- $2.2 billion Total box office revenue for all the Star Wars movies released so far
- 42 million Star Wars items sold in 1977
- 26 million Star Wars action figures sold in 1977
- $10 "Donation" cost of a 3-hour training session on how to wield a lightsaber from San Francisco's Golden Gate Knights
- 29 million Views on YouTube garnered by the viral hit video of chubby "Star Wars kid" showing off his sweet lightsaber skills
- 53,917 The number of New Zealanders who listed Jedi as their religion in the last census
- $4 billion Expected earnings from the yet-to-be-released The Force Awakens, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger
A newspaper staffed by the country's most famous journalism school says it shouldn't have covered a Jeff Sessions event.
San Francisco Activists Are Trying to Stop Business Owner From Converting His Arcade Repair Shop Into a Normal Arcade
Neighbors say Joey Mucha's plans for a Skee-Ball arcade in the Mission would be a positive addition to the community. Activists disagree.
A German Museum Tried To Hide This Stunning 3D Scan of an Iconic Egyptian Artifact. Today You Can See It for the First Time
After a three-year freedom of information campaign, everyone can finally see the Egyptian Museum of Berlin’s official scan of the Bust of Nefertiti.
"Your statement is defamatory, and we demand that you retract it immediately," Gabbard's lawyer wrote in a letter.
It's safe to say this guy would not make a good president.