The San Bernardino shooters have been identified by authorities as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife Tashfeen Malik, 27. The couple were killed in a shootout with police.
- The motives behind the San Bernardino shootings, which killed at least 14 and injured at least 17 at an office holiday party, remain unknown at this time.
- British bombers have made their first airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.
- The trial of Baltimore police officer William Porter for the death of Freddie Gray enters its second day today.
- "Harvard College plans to change the title of its heads of residential housing from 'house master,' the traditional term, to a new term that will better reflect 'the 21st-century needs of residential student life,' according to a letter to students from the college dean, Rakesh Khurana."
- Donald Trump is refusing to release his medical records.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Wrist Slap By Charles Oliver
- Think NSA Spying Has Stopped? Think Again Though Section 215 of the Patriot Act has expired, the NSA's other authorities to spy have not. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Is Infrastructure Spending a Good Investment? Hillary Clinton says yes, but it's complicated. By Veronique de Rugy
- Why Assad Isn't 'Our Son of a Bitch' Assad was our son of a bitch when the U.S. government needed him. Then he outlived his usefulness. By Sheldon Richman