The next Republican presidential debate will be held tonight in Milwaukee.
- Supporters of Jeb Bush are planning to unleash a series of negative ads attacking Marco Rubio.
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit has ruled against President Obama's executive action on immigration.
- Judge Richard Leon of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has ruled against the National Security Agency's bulk data collection program.
- "The Pentagon is expected to unveil a long-awaited plan this week outlining how it would close the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, despite fierce resistance in Congress to President Barack Obama's push to shutter the facility, officials say."
New at Reason
- Brickbat: The Public Be Damned By Charles Oliver
- When Prohibitions Fail in Prison, How Can They Work in the World Outside? Jailhouse black markets make a mockery of restrictions imposed in what are literally miniature police states. By J.D. Tuccille
- A DMV for Drones? Inside the FAA's Clumsy Push to Regulate Flying Computers A series of poor proposals from the Federal Aviation Administration threatens to ground much of the commercial drone industry before it even takes flight. By Andrea Castillo
- Air Travel Getting Safer and Safer Despite the likely recent bombing of a Russian jet. By Marian Tupy