Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton says she supports moving marijuana to Schedule II, which would put it in the same category as drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine.
- Saturday Night Live was hosted by Donald Trump, garnering the NBC show its highest ratings in four years.
- President Obama will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House today, their first face-to-face meeting in more than a year.
- A police officer in Jordan shot and killed two Americans at a U.S. facility for training Iraqi and Palestinian security forces before killing himself.
- A group of faculty members at the University of Missouri will participate in a two-day walk out in support of student protests against the school's perceived lack of response to incidents of racism.
- The regional government of Catalonia is moving forward on the process of secession from Spain.
- You can now book a hotel in Mogadishu online.
- Residents in Los Angeles freaked out over UFO in the skies but it was actually a naval exercise, over which people don't freak out.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Reading Rainbow By Charles Oliver
- Anchor Babies Aweigh The truth about birth tourism and "chain migration." By Shikha Dalmia
- On Pot, Can We Keep Up With the Neighbors? Canada and Mexico may beat U.S. to the punch on legalization. By Steve Chapman
- Why Ohio's Marijuana Initiative Went Down in Flames Bad timing and objections to crony capitalism helped defeat Issue 3. By Jacob Sullum
- The Gloves Are On in Fight Over Misguided New York Restaurant Rules Requiring chefs to wear gloves doesn't make food safer and generates mountains of waste. By Baylen Linnekin
- What Donald Trump Gets Wrong About the Border El Paso Rep. Beto O'Rourke explains what the GOP frontrunner misses about Mexican immigrants (and everything else). By Matt Welch