According to a new national poll, Ben Carson is now beating Donald Trump among Republican primary voters.
- House Republicans have offered a tentative two-year budget agreement. Will it avert a government shutdown?
- Police officers in Baltimore are now wearing body cameras.
- "Cops in a northern California town are to be equipped with nunchucks—the weapon mastered by Bruce Lee—in order to 'more compassionately gain compliance' from suspects."
- The Pentagon is considering embedding U.S. troops in the Iraqi military to battle ISIS.
- Wal-Mart has applied for permission to test the use of drones for home delivery and pickup.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: School Days By Charles Oliver
- When Governments Offer Empty Health Care Promises, Black Markets Deliver the Goods From the Third World to the First World, officials can't exempt medicine from the laws of economics. By J.D. Tuccille
- Shadow-Censorship on Social Media Sparks New Concerns for Open-Internet Advocates The digital censors of tomorrow will control information by secretly limiting or obscuring the ways that people can access it online. By Andrea Castillo
- Why Intellectuals Hate Capitalism Whole Foods CEO John Mackey on entrepreneurship, snobbery, and the minimum wage. By Nick Gillespie