Ben Carson is now polling ahead of Donald Trump in Iowa.
- The New York Mets beat the Chicago Cubs to advance to the World Series.
- "Democratic Presidential frontrunner and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to spar this morning with Republican members of the House Select Committee investigating the 2012 Benghazi attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans."
- CNBC has announced the line-up for next week's Republican presidential debate: Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, Carly Fiorina, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Chris Christie, John Kasich, and Rand Paul.
- A masked man wielding a sword attacked a school in Sweden, killing one teacher and seriously injuring several students.
- Marijuana use among U.S. adults has more than doubled over the past 12 years.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Little Pride By Charles Oliver
- More Questions for Hillary Clinton Clinton, haven't you stated a few dozen times that you never sent or received emails marked "classified"? By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Should Stop Hurting the Poor Why over regulation of payday lenders is a bad idea. By Veronique de Rugy
- Is Instability the Goal of U.S. Policy in the Middle East? Our lethal and self-defeating Middle East policy appears more aimed at Iran and its allies than at the radical jihadi network that perpetrated 9/11. By Sheldon Richman
- The Surprising Disappearance of Inflation Venezuela stands tall as a socialist outlier. By Steve Chapman