According to a new report, the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email address and server is now focused on possible violations of the "gross negligence" subsection of the Espionage Act.
- "Vice President Joe Biden has personally made a series of calls this week to Democratic strategists from Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, asking a final round of detailed questions about how—not whether—to launch a 2016 presidential campaign."
- Turkish forces shot down a drone in Turkish airspace roughly two miles from the Syrian border.
- The New York Mets beat the Los Angeles Dodgers last night to advance to the National League Championship Series against the Chicago Cubs.
- California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newson has put forward a gun control ballot initiative for the November 2016 state election.
- The newly elected Greek parliament will vote on its first austerity bill today.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: From My Cold, Dead Hands By Charles Oliver
- Jim Webb, American Hero He hates politics as much as you do. By David Harsanyi
- Good News in California on Electronic Privacy Front Despite past vetoes, Jerry Brown OKs law that requires a warrant. By Steven Greenhut
- Movie Reviews: Bridge of Spies and Crimson Peak Tom Hanks in Spielberg's den of spies, Guillermo del Toro in a house of ghosts. By Kurt Loder