Troops Staying in Afghanistan, Troops Going to Cameroon, Secret Drone Documents Leaked: A.M. Links
President Obama has a bold new plan: leave troops in Afghanistan for much longer. Certainly, this is just what the troubled region needs.
- The president is also deploying 300 troops to fight Boko Haram in Cameroon.
- The Intercept published a bunch of leaked papers relating to U.S. drone policy.
- The Jeb Bush campaign is making some cutbacks.
- Remember that aunt suing her nephew for an overly exuberant hug? We have an explanation: she was required to file the suit in order for the insurance company to pay out.
- Most people agree that Hillary Clinton has been dishonest about Benghazi.
- Ron Paul testified in the Jesse Benton trial on Wednesday. He accused federal authorities of trying to damage Rand Paul's campaign.
New at Reason.com:
Brickbat: That's Some Fine Police Work
By Charles Oliver
Only an Unprincipled Congress Would Revive the Ex-Im Bank
The fight over the crony-capitalist program highlights all that's wrong with Washington. By Veronique de Rugy
Against The Anti-Politician Politicians
An anti-politician politician is someone who holds that the only thing wrong with government is that professionals run it. He or she never eschews power itself. By Sheldon Richman
Why Is Hillary Clinton So Unhappy?
We can start with the fact that she is her own worst enemy. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
The Feds Shouldn't Prosecute Dylann Roof
Redundant charges against the Charleston shooter highlight the unconstitutional absurdity of the federal hate crime statute. By Jacob Sullum
Putin Will Find Appearances Can Deceive in Syria
Russia will suffer if the intervention fails. By Steve Chapman