President Obama has a bold new plan: leave troops in Afghanistan for much longer. Certainly, this is just what the troubled region needs.
- The president is also deploying 300 troops to fight Boko Haram in Cameroon.
- The Intercept published a bunch of leaked papers relating to U.S. drone policy.
- The Jeb Bush campaign is making some cutbacks.
- Remember that aunt suing her nephew for an overly exuberant hug? We have an explanation: she was required to file the suit in order for the insurance company to pay out.
- Most people agree that Hillary Clinton has been dishonest about Benghazi.
- Ron Paul testified in the Jesse Benton trial on Wednesday. He accused federal authorities of trying to damage Rand Paul's campaign.
New at Reason.com:
By Charles Oliver
An anti-politician politician is someone who holds that the only thing wrong with government is that professionals run it. He or she never eschews power itself. By Sheldon Richman
We can start with the fact that she is her own worst enemy. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
Redundant charges against the Charleston shooter highlight the unconstitutional absurdity of the federal hate crime statute. By Jacob Sullum
Russia will suffer if the intervention fails. By Steve Chapman