Nobel Peace Prize winner President Obama called Nobel Peace Prize winner Doctors Without Borders to apologize for the U.S. bombing of a hospital in Afghanistan.
- The Pentagon says the U.S. had to divert two aircraft operating over Syria in order to avoid a collision with a Russian jet fighter.
- The Joe Biden draft campaign released its first television ad today.
- California's Democratic governor, Jerry Brown, signed a climate change bill into law hopes to increase the use of renewable energy and the energy efficiency of already built homes.
- Militants from Al-Shabaab shot and killed the nephew of Somali President Hassan Mohamoud in an ambush in Mogadishu.
- NASA and the European Space Agency announced they'd be working together on an Asteroid Impact & Deflection Assessment meant to study the means humans have to deflect large Earth-bound asteroids.
New at Reason.com:
Today's Big News Won't Be Known for Years: There's a lot of great news happening right now. We just won't know about it for a while. By A. Barton Hinkle
How to Create a Gun-Free America in 5 Easy Steps: Guns—and the Second Amendment—won't just disappear. By Austin Bragg