Donald Trump released his tax reform plan, which is big on tax cuts within the U.S. but increases taxes from American businesses overseas. It appears kind of similar to Jeb Bush's plan. Guess which one is getting more attention?
- At the United Nations, President Barack Obama criticized Vladimir Putin and Russia for interventions in Syria and Ukraine. Putin responded by accusing the United States of fostering "violence and social disaster" in the Middle East rather than democracy. You know, it is possible for both of you to be engaging in terrible foreign policies. It's not contradictory.
- Is it time to start planning for a water park on Mars? It just might be.
- Missouri's attorney general could not find any evidence that Planned Parenthood had violated the state's laws on handling fetal tissue in the videos that have been released.
- The prison employee who helped two convicted murderers escape from prison in New York earlier in the year has been sentenced to up to 7 years in prison.
- Australia is threatening to deny singer Chris Brown a visa to perform there because of his violent history.
New at Reason.com:
- Grab Your Tinfoil Hats!
Conspiracy theories still thriving in America.
By A. Barton Hinkle
- In Trump, Sanders, and Pope Francis, a Warning About the Politics of Crowds
All three of these political stars of the moment are drawing big crowds by the dangerous old method of blaming a minority.
By Ira Stoll
- Donald Trump Literally (& Hypocritically) Promises to Save Christmas
"Remember the expression 'Merry Christmas?'… You're gonna see it if I get elected. I can tell you right now."
By Todd Krainin, Nick Gillespie, and Meredith Bragg