- Vice President Joe Biden is beating Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (25 to 24 percent) in a new poll on Democratic presidential candidates, with Hillary Clinton now nabbing just a third of her party's support.
- The feds are (update!) not suing PETA over a monkey selfie. I RTFA quickly and wrongly, apologies. PETA is suing a photographer on behalf of a selfie-taking macaque named Naturo.
- The Department of Education said there's no evidence Princeton University discriminates against Asian and Asian-American applicants.
- Hillarycare 2.0is here
- Vice takes an in-depth look at prison reform in Mississippi—a state which, were it a country, "would have had the second highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world" two years ago.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is holding a panel hearing on the safety of permanent birth control implant, Essure.
- In case someone wishes you a happy autumn equinox today…
New at Reason:
Virginia Education Report's Mission Unaccomplished: Spending review became spending advocacy. By A. Barton Hinkle
Generational Swindle: Jared Meyer on how D.C. is screwing over millennials. By Nick Gillespie and Joshua Swain