The second Republican presidential debates of 2016 will air live on CNN this evening, with second-tier candidates at 6 p.m. and the main debate—featuring the top 11 GOP candidates—at 8 p.m. (Tune in here for blog updates and live-tweeting from the Reason staff.)
- An Oklahoma court has halted the execution of Richard Glossip, which was scheduled for this afternoon. (More on Glossip's backstory here.)
- The truth about mass incarceration in America.
- The world's two biggest beer makers might be combining.
- Unsurprisingly, people with a self-perceived addiction to porn show more signs of psychological distress, according to a new study.
- Microsoft is being sued for gender discrimination.
- War on Drugs, the board game. You know, for kids.
New at Reason:
- Unauthorized Discussion of Politicians Strictly Prohibited: Office-holders want to control what people can say about them, who can say it, when they can say it, and whom they can say it with. By A. Barton Hinkle
- What Drives Donald Trump? 'He's got money, he's got fame…Power is what's left': Trump biographer Jerome Tuccille on the secret compulsion behind the billionaire's presidential bid. By Nick Gillespie and Amanda Winkler