Bernie Sanders has his largest lead in Democratic primary polling in New Hampshire so far, 9 points over Hillary Clinton.
- An executive order to be issued by President Obama today will require federal contracters to offer paid sick leave.
- Madonna's gay brother has spoken out in defense of Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk in jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, calling the gay community "sore winners."
- The German chancellor, Angela Merkel, says the "breathtaking" flow of migrants into her country will "occupy and change" the country for a long time to come. Meanwhile, the French president, Francois Hollande, says his country will accept 24,000 Syrian refugees.
- France hopes that progress on a ceasefire in Ukraine will mean an end to sanctions against Russia.
- Militants from Al-Shabaab have taken over two towns in southern Somalia.
New at Reason.com:
Brickbat: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait by Charles Oliver
No, 'the System' Isn't Broken Not getting what you want from the government isn't a sign of failure. by Steve Chapman
5 Drug Scares vs. Reality The disconnect between drug use and public alarm about it. by Jacob Sullum