Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Democratic presidential frontrunner, certified under penalty of perjury that all her work related emails were turned over to the State Department, but two of her aides declined to make similar certifications.
- Black Lives Matter activists stormed the stage at a rally for Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders in Seattle and took the microphone. Sanders never got a chance to speak
- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he "cherishes" women and won't apologize for controversial comments he made about Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly. In the meantime, fellow Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul has pivoted to target Trump on the campaign trail.
- Six American F-16 jets arrived in Turkey to join the U.S.-led fight against ISIS.
- Sporadic violence marked the first elections in Haiti in four years.
- A typhoon hit the east coast of China, killing at least 14.
- NFL hall of famer Frank Gifford is dead.
- A four mile tall pyramid mountain on Ceres is glowing.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Peanuts By Charles Oliver
- Cruelty to Animals, Exposed Law against filming abuse of livestock struck down. By Steve Chapman
- University of California System Spending Big Money on Salary Boosts Nothing new here: Officials spend extra taxes on themselves. By Steven Greenhut
- Surviving Nagasaki History, memory, and nuclear devastation. By Anthony Gregory
- GOP Debate: The Rap Remy tries to out-Republican the candidates in last night's Fox News debate. By Remy and Meredith Bragg