The first Republican presidential primary debate is happening tonight at 9pm ET. Stay tuned to Reason.com for coverage and analysis.
- According to President Barack Obama, either the Iran nuclear deal goes through or the U.S. will face "some sort of war."
- "A psychological firm paid to evaluate troubled Baltimore police, including a lieutenant charged in the killing of Freddie Gray, is under investigation by the city and has been put on probation by the state police for cutting corners in its mental health screenings of officers."
- Ferguson, Missouri, is expecting massive protests this weekend to mark Sunday's one year anniversary of the death of Michael Brown at the hands of police officer Darren Wilson.
- Jon Stewart will host his final episode of The Daily Show tonight.
- Today is the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima.
New at Reason.com
- Brickbat: Kitchen Worker or Cop? By Charles Oliver
- How the Federal Government Betrayed Millennials Bad economic policies hurt young Americans the most. By Veronique de Rugy
- Chris Christie: Not Just a Memory The New Jersey governor's role in the primary has been usurped by other candidates. By Steve Chapman