In an afternoon press conference, President Obama defended the nuclear deal with Iran as the best possible option. Hillary Clinton expressed support for the deal, while Jim Webb, another candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, criticized it as putting the cart before the horse. Obama also reportedly called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to offer immediate talks about upgrading Israel's offensive and defensive military capabilities.
- Obama also answered a question at the press conference about the allegations surrounding Bill Cosby, saying there was no precedent to revoke his Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- In a press release about filing financial disclosure forms, the campaign of Donald Trump says the candidate is worth $10 billion.
- Clashes broke out in Greece, where protesters are demanding more money from European powers.
- Mexico has released surveillance footage today of drug cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman escaping from prison over the weekend.
- The jury began deliberations in the trial of James Holmes for the 2012 mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
Newly Published at Reason.com:
- Hillary's Dirty Dance with Trump on Sanctuary Cities She was right the first time when she opposed a federal crackdown on these cities By Shikha Dalmia
- Here's How Regulators Create Problems, Not Solve Them Government means never having to say you're sorry By A. Barton Hinkle
- Video: Donald Trump Is Appealing to "Racist" Voters, Says Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson "I don't want to have anything to do with it," says Johnson. "It embarrasses me." By Nick Gillespie and Meredith Bragg