The South Carolina legislature has voted to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- Jeb Bush "is enjoying an unmistakable spike in the polls."
- Oklahoma has set execution dates for the three inmates who lost before the Supreme Court in last month's Eighth Amendment case Glossip v. Gross.
- Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake fired the city's police commissioner yesterday.
- What went wrong yesterday at the New York Stock Exchange?
- "Facing a midnight deadline from European creditors, Greece's Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras huddled with government and political leaders Thursday to finalize details of the debt-laden country's last-ditch request for a fresh bailout."