Republican candidates are running out of time to improve their poll numbers such that they can qualify for the Fox News debate.
- Gee, I wonder if the Trump hotels employ any undocumented workers?
- The California right-to-die bill has stalled due to Catholic opposition.
- Edward Snowden coming back to the U.S.? Yeah, right. Okay. Sure.
- Negotiations with Iran will continue until at least Friday.
- The failure of the Rolling Stone UVA rape story hasn't persuaded journalism outlets they should cover sexual assault differently, according to a Media Matters report.
- Read Brendan O'Neill on the ridiculous outrage over Rihanna's latest music video.
That rate is much lower than the numbers used in the horrifying projections that shaped the government response to the epidemic.
Plus: the weird new battle lines on warrantless surveillance, more CDC incompetence, Minneapolis on fire, and more…
Police departments exist to protect people's persons and property. The Minneapolis Police Department has failed to do either.
Indiana is still fighting to keep Tyson Timbs' SUV seven years after it first seized the car, but for now, it's back in Timbs' driveway.
Jo Jorgensen is running for the White House.