South Carolina legislators have begun debate over whether to remove the Confederate flag from the state capitol in Columbia. The move could be approved by Thursday.
- Reddit users and moderators protested the termination of a popular employee who helped manage the "ask me anything" section with temporary subreddit blackouts.
- We noted over the holiday weekend Gov. Chris Christie targeting Sen. Rand Paul for criticism over the senator's positions on surveillance reform and privacy rights. Today, Christie criticized Sen. Ted Cruz for supporting a conservative group that backs challenges to Republican Senate candidates, a group that helped Cruz win his own race.
- The White House wants Greece to remain in the eurozone, somehow, but it's Europe's responsibility to figure it out.
- The European Central Bank announced today it won't be helping Greece's situation. Today they declined to expand an emergency assistance program. Greece could run out of money in days.
- An Italian surveillance company that sells snooping software to police, and spy agencies in countries like Ethiopia and Sudan appears to have been hacked.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
The new framework aims to keep everyone learning at the same level for as long as possible.
Government officials who wield land grabs to pick economic winners and losers now want to use them to kill disfavored businesses.
Biden Claims 5 Past Fed Chairs Back His Jobs Plan, but 2 Are Dead and 2 More Have Been Quiet About It
Plus: Boomer electoral power dwindling, U.S. migration patterns appear linked to pandemic restrictions, and more...
The agency's disease advice is seen as increasingly irrelevant by more Americans.