- Bernie Sanders' campaign has raised $15 million since it launched in April. Just think of how many starving children that could feed!
- Star Trek's George Takei called Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas "a clown in blackface" over his dissenting opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges, the case that made gay marriage recognition the law of the land.
- In the wake of the aforementioned Supreme Court ruling, a trio in Montana has applied for marriage licenses and seek the same government recognition.
- The United Kingdom has admitted it illegally snooped on Amnesty International and kept its communications.
- The governor of Pennsylvania has vetoed legislation to eliminate the state-run system of alcohol sales and privatize it. Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, said, "It makes bad business sense for the Commonwealth and consumers to sell off an asset, especially before maximizing its value." So consumers and retailers don't have actual freedom because the state wants to make money.
- Measles has killed its first patient in the United States in 12 years.
- Have a happy Independence Day weekend, to the extent that your local government permits you to! (Or defy them and have even more fun!)
If the findings are true, that's really great news.
Governments overplayed their hands with mandates that they are losing the ability to enforce.
The Trump administration might be setting the stage to eject foreign techies who've played by every immigration rule.
Expanded testing, a younger mix of patients, and improved treatment help explain the seemingly contradictory trends.
An "oil spill" of politics has polluted American life, leaving little room for common ground.