The U.S. Navy Yard in Washington, D.C., is currently under lockdown after reports of an "active shooter" at the facility. No injuries have been reported.
- Democratic presidential candidate and self-described socialist Bernie Sanders addressed a crowd of nearly 10,000 last night in Wisconsin. "You may know that some 25 candidates are running for president of the United States," Sanders said, "but tonight we have more people at a meeting for a candidate for president of the United States than any other candidate has."
- A train carrying toxic gas has derailed in Tennessee, prompting evacuations.
- Japan and the United States will compete this Sunday in the finals of the Women's World Cup.
- Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake plans to install cameras that can record inside police vans. The mayor's actions come in response to the national furor over the death of Freddie Gray, the Baltimore man who suffered fatal injuries while being transported in a police van.
- "After a brazen escape from an upstate New York prison, it came down to booze and agility for convicted murderers David Sweat and Richard Matt."