We're bombing Libya again, this time in pursuit of Mokhtar Belmokhtar, "the mastermind" behind the 2013 takeover of an Algerian gas plant that left 38 people dead. Belmokhtar and "a number" of other terrorists were killed in Sunday's airstrikes, Libyan officials said.
- The Pentagon is also planning to move battle tanks and heavy weapons enough to equip 5,000 American troops to several Eastern European countries.
- Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is campaigning on "family values" while Republican Carly Fiorina touts her feminist cred.
- Jeb Bush is poised to announce his presidential bid today.
- A government "data warehouse" containing personal info on people who seek health insurance coverage on the Obamacare insurance exchanges is raising privacy concerns.
- Hackers stole information about millions of employees from the Office of Personnel Management; the U.S. government says it strongly suspects China.
- Per a new federal appeals court ruling, D.C. is permitted (for now) to require people to provide a "good reason" for wanting a gun.
- Rejoice! People may shut up about Game of Thrones soon.
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.