Everything's a big mess with the trade deal. House Democrats, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), turned against President Barack Obama and strategically voted against part of the trade deal legislation, preventing it from advancing.
- The Iowa Straw Poll, which got huge amounts of media and political attention for no good reason, is dead. Republican candidates for president said they were not going to participate.
- Cops in Santa Ana, Calif., are getting national attention for a bust on a medical marijuana shop where video shows them removing surveillance equipment, possibly eating the marijuana edibles, and mocking a woman with a disability.
- A National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) chapter has put out a statement of support for Rachel Dolezal, accused of passing herself off as African-American, though she's white.
- Prosecutors in Virginia have dropped all charges against Martese Johnson, whose inexplicable arrest drew national attention when Alcoholic Beverage Control officers beat him bloody in the process.
- A federal judge has signed off on the agreement between the Department of Justice and the City of Cleveland to deal with racial bias and excessive force by its police department.
- The conspiracy conviction of a Yemeni man who had been prosecuted in Guantanamo for serving as a publicist for al Qaeda has been tossed out. It turns out that "conspiracy" is not a war crime and therefore he could not be convicted by a military commission.