- More than 450 U.S. troops will reportedly join the more than 3,000 already in Iraq to combat ISIS.
- The Environmental Protection Agency claims it has the authority to regulate carbon emissions made by airplanes, because of global warming.
- The New York Times is committed to making the Marco Rubio crime spree story happen.
- Pope Francis has approved a new department in the Vatican that would investigate bishops accused of covering up child sex scandals.
- Police in Switzerland seized computer data from FIFA headquarters as part of an ongoing investigation into the association football governing body.
- The government of Wales has approved a wide-reaching ban on the use of e-cigarettes in public and semi-public places.
- NBC's Bob Costas is not pleased ESPN awarded Caitlyn Jenner the Arthur Ashe Courage Award, calling it a "tabloid ploy."
Harris' origins allow her to properly claim Asian or Black/African American legal status, and she has chosen the latter.
Joe Biden announced today that Harris will be his Democratic running mate.
"I’m a vegetarian and I love dogs, like Hitler. But the only thing I have in common with Hitler are the good bits!"