A second video has emerged showing McKinney, Texas, police officer Eric Casebolt unholstering his gun and throwing a 15-year-old girl to the ground outside a pool party.
- Community leaders in Cleveland say they will bypass prosecutors and petition a judge directly to bring murder charges against the police officers involved in last year's fatal shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice. Under Ohio law, residents may request an arrest in this manner without seeking the approval of either prosecutors or the police.
- Two convicted killers who escaped from a maximum security prison in upstate New York remain on the loose.
- "Jeb Bush plans to call for deepening U.S. economic ties with its European allies during a speech Tuesday in Germany, and to make the case that the two nations should also work more closely on issues of global security."
- Vincent Bugliosi, the former Los Angeles prosecutor who put Charles Manson in prison, has died at the age of 80.
- The Wisconsin Assembly is voting on a bill today that will end the state's mandatory 48-hour waiting period for handgun purchases.